KINTSUGI DIY: The original, Most loved New Kintsugi Repair kit by Humade
DIY: Fix all your broken ceramic with gold
The first and most loved easy to use DIY Kintsugi kit to repair broken ceramics with gold since 2009. Treasure the beauty of imperfection based on the old Japanese art of Kintsugi, meaning gold repair.
Can be used multiple times and on different hard materials.
Orders before 12 PM will be shipped the same day
- World wide shipping since 2009
- Free shipping in the Netherlands
- Customer service 24/7
- Orders before 12h will be shipped the same day
Available in colors:
- Two component glue, 4gr gold or silver powder, a brush, bamboo stearing sticks and gloves
- 10g Putty to fill up missing bits and pieces
- A step by step manual with detailed pictures
The Manual is available in : Dutch, English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese.
- One New Kintsugi Repair Kit can be used multiple times to fix up to 10 items (see picture)
- Choice of gold or silver New Kintsugi Repair Kit
- The New Kintsugi Repair Kit can be used on almost any other material such as glass, wood, marble or hard plastics
- Please make sure to read the Kintsugi Kit manual before use
- When you are ready let it dry for 48 hours so the glue can fully set and than, all ready for use!
- The glue has been used for many years to repair kitchen ware without any complaints but if you have any questions, please let us know.
The New kintsugi repair kit: treasure the beauty of imperfection
Kintsugi originated in the late 15th century when the emperor of Japan sent his damaged pottery back to China for repair. Upon its return, the emperor noticed ceramics were repaired using metal staples. He immediately ordered his craftsmen to come up with something more aesthetic. The result: kintsugi (gold repair). The art of kintsugi became so popular that collectors deliberately started smashing up valuable pottery… so it could be repaired with the gold seams of kintsugi.
Driven by a sustainable mindset, Humade created the original New Kintsugi Repair Kit to encourage mending broken artefacts instead of throwing them away. Even more so: instead of focusing on its flaws, the golden seams emphasize the cracks and thus celebrate the beauty of imperfection. By repairing an object, the product becomes unique and personal. We won’t blame you if you deliberately start smashing up your favourite ceramics…
The New Kintsugi repair kit is locally assembled by a social enterprise that employs people with a distance to the labor market. Humade strives to be an inclusive employer wherever possible and we’re grateful for a team of 10 employees who assemble the kit with the greatest care.